A Virtual Assistant (VA) is a highly-skilled, independent professional who provides administrative, technical and/or creative business support services. They are your off-site administrative professional.
Source: Virtual Assistant Definition – VANetworking.com, The Market Leader for Virtual Assistants Worldwide
See more information of what a VA is at: VANetworking.com
Ethics of a Virtual Assistant
- As a Virtual Assistant, I will maintain the highest ethics and honesty in all dealings with clients, colleagues and the general public.
- I will seek to deal with colleagues, suppliers and employees in a fair and equitable manner, and maintain the highest standards of personal conduct to bring credit to the Virtual Assistant profession.
- As a highly ethical Virtual Assistant, I will only take on projects that are within my abilities. If a project is not within my ability, the client will be notified immediately and I will provide recommendations for other highly skilled Virtual Assistants.
- Client information will be held in the strictest of confidence and will not be shared with others or used for personal gain.
- I highly value each client relationship and will not place one client above another.
- I will make a commitment to possess and increase the required knowledge, skills and training to be proficient and relevant in the provision of services.
- I will be honest about my intentions and never misrepresent my skills, peers, or my profession as a whole, whether to networks or to prospects, clients, and the community at large (virtual or otherwise).
- I will not knowingly be a part of any illegal or unethical activity.
- I will promote the Virtual Assistance industry with the utmost professionalism and give of my knowledge freely to new and existing VAs and the general public.
*Source: VA Code of Ethics – VAnetworking.com The Market Leader for Virtual Assistants